What is an SEO Audit?
Every Organic Digital project starts with an audit and benchmark of web performance metrics. An SEO audit will give insight into your website's current organic performance by assessing areas such as:
- Keyword reach
- Search queries, impressions and clicks
- Site conversion
- # of crawlable pages
- # of pages indexed
- Sitemap configuration
- Instances of low quality and duplicate content
- Site speed
By identifying technical & on page issues and opportunities with your current website optimisation and configuration, we can look to improve the above metrics which in turn will lead to an increase in organic search traffic and conversion.
Why would I need an audit?
There are a number of reasons why your website may need an audit, such as:
- It’s brand new and never been optimised
- You have seen a decrease in search engine traffic but are unable to determine why
- You have launched a new website and it’s not performing as well as it did previously
- A Google update has adversely impacted your traffic
- You’ve never had you site audited before
- You are creating content and acquiring high authority backlinks but it’s not impacting your organic performance as you would expect
In any case, the audit process will help get your website on track and in the best position possible to compete for page 1 rankings and traffic, whatever your niche.
It will also help you understand the factors that affect your site’s search engine performance and assist you with your overall digital strategy moving forward.
What are the benefits?
- Insights into your website's current organic performance
- Get a better understanding of the various factors that are influencing your website's rankings
- Helps your website achieve it's full potential
What is involved?
With access to Google Analytics and Search Console data, along with a number of site analysis tools, the audit follows a checklist that looks at every aspect of your website in terms of technical optimisation and existing organic performance to determine the steps required to get your site performing to its full potential.
This is a tried and tested process that, over several years of continual refinement, has led to improved performance across a number of websites in range of competitive niches.
What happens once the audit is complete?
Once an audit is complete, you will receive a report that shows how your site is currently performing, what issues are currently in place, why these are having a negative impact, top level recommendations on how to resolve them and the impact that doing so will have.
You can then take this report and get the actions implemented by a 3rd party such as your developers, or Organic Digital can assist where possible by carrying out the optimisation work on your site for you. My experience in both website development and optimisation means you can be confident that the work will be implemented according to best practice SEO standards.
Following implementation, depending on the scope of the work required, Organic Digital will carry out periodic checks on your site’s performance to ensure the work carried out has a positive impact in relation to the performance metrics and in turn organic traffic, and that there are no further issues.
If you want to find out more about SEO audits, the following resources are a good starting point, alternatively, if you want any assistance fill in the contact form below: